sobota, 15. november 2014

Who Am I? And who are you? :)

I still don't know exactly what type of blog this will be. Personal and educational comes to mind.

I envy some people who post about their troubles and pain with raw sincerity.

At first I wanted to have an informative blog with topics worthy of posting, but I was told people want to hear how I've been personally too. Then I told them. And they were a bit shocked and surprised.

The other day I told an internet friend the truth too, about my past 2 years, in a nutshell. She went silent on me - maybe it was the shock, or maybe she was just too young... (or couldn't process the words so fast, it was in a foreign language for her after all...)
I was always the older, wiser one. I was the smart one, with the advice and knowing what to do.
I was a straight A student, at a time. (Though I later had some Bs and Cs, on purpose, and a life, some of it, at least.)
What good are all those As and hours of cramming stuff into my head now? I don't know. I've forgotten pretty much most of it. I've forgotten more than you've ever known, probably. I process information fast, remember it for a time, then forget it. This is useful, or it would all be in my head. Sure I remember some - important - things.

My life is not very eventful now. Or is it?
I started tapering off meds. There is more to this, but I am reluctant to tell. Or maybe I will. In a next post or so.

For the past 2 years I behaved like I've gone off to vacation. Sure, I still did some eco activist work, but very little in comparison to before. I felt like I had this diagnosis and life was pretty much over.
Who would take me seriously as an eco activist? Yet surprisingly, some people still do. 

I still have intellectual curiosity. I still want to do things. I still want to change the world and make it a better place.

I want to connect with others who have also been through a lot and are making a difference. But then again, aren't we all? Just by existing. Flawed, imperfect, yet so very much real. And here.

So, who are you? :) I'll be happy if you leave a comment!


Ni komentarjev:

Objavite komentar